– Decorating curtains: what types of curtains?
– Choose your curtains: according to the style of your living space.
– Choose the curtain accessories.
The layout of your home is complete (furniture, paintings, wallpaper, paint); it only remains to make the final touch to achieve a successful decoration.
How not make a mistake?
Decorating curtains: what types of curtains?
The curtains come in several ways:
– The heavy fabrics: blackout curtains, insulating curtains, double curtains, velvet curtains, etc…
– The light fabrics: curtains, lace curtains, curtains, etc…
– Plain or patterned: simple design, graphic or large flowers, stripes, oriental pattern.
– Blinds: Japanese curtains or vertical slats.
You must take into account the materials and other accessories, namely:
– the color of the walls, the floor, the ceiling, and even the beams,
– furniture, sofa, cushions to match the curtains, paintings, etc…
Choose your curtains: according to the style of your living space.
All curtains can match your interior; it is simply to consider the environment. It is essential to consider the room’s exposure, the ceiling height, and the size of the room.
– Choose light, colorful tones for a north-facing room to bring warmth and brightness.
– If you have a high ceiling, choose curtains with horizontal stripes to enlarge the room and “break” the ceiling height.
– Small windows are not necessarily dressed with curtains and can be left bare.
– In a large living room: dare! You can afford anything. The only objective is to respect the style and atmosphere you want to affirm.
Large rooms: living room
– If you choose a modern, contemporary style, you can dress your windows with Japanese curtains or panels with vertical slats.
– Opulent curtains reaching the ground will be preferred for more classic windows.
– A Moroccan curtain will decorate a room with an oriental atmosphere.
You can also combine curtains with your curtains.
The room: adult and child
Intimate space where we like to be sheltered from outside eyes.
– You can choose blackout curtains or double curtains, insulating curtains to protect you from the cold.
– The curtains are trendy decor: curtain wire, curtain pearl.
– The curtain child in shimmering colors will bring a note of cheerfulness to the room.
– Beautiful curtains can also decorate your windows (cotton, natural fibers, organza, lace).
Water rooms: kitchen, bathroom
For the kitchen, you should opt for curtains kitchen resistant to grease projections.
– The blinds are easily machine washable and can play with the light.
– It is the same for the curtains “good woman” or curtains that will suit a more classic environment.
You can also dress the bathroom with roller blinds that play a blackout role.
The shower, meanwhile, will be equipped with a waterproof shower curtain.
Choose the curtain accessories.
The curtain accessories have a prominent place in your decoration:
– A curtain valance will marry very well with an oriental style.
– The rods, not to be overlooked, will give character to your windows.
For a more classic side, the tiebacks will bring a final touch to the dressing of your curtain.
- How to Choose Your Curtain Rail;
- How to Make Your Curtains;
- Tips to Avoid Making Common Mistakes When Buying Your Curtains;
- How to Choose Your Shower Curtain;
- Curtains for Baby’s Room.
Hope this post and the above links help you choose your curtains. This post is incomplete without participation; kindly remember to share your opinion in the comments below. Also, jot down your request if you want to read on a particular topic, and we’ll bring you the necessary info.