Decorating your home can be a real hassle, especially if you don’t know what style you are going for. One technique that you can opt for that is very on-trend and vogue right now is the contemporary style. Industrial and more stripped-back décor is the way to go with modern aesthetics, and it is what most interior designers go for nowadays.
Your house has just been completed, but how to choose the elements of your interior decoration? Read the following article for more information.
Use well-matched paints
The choice of paint is very important in the decoration of a house. So, to achieve a visual appeal and friendliness, choose well-matched shades and tints.
To help you choose, here are the characteristics related to each type of color:
Bright or warm colors
Represented by orange, red and yellow:
- They stimulate good mood and joy and the nervous system
- They are designed to decorate the interior, as they revive the atmosphere
- They can be used as a final touch for the interior or exterior;
So, to enjoy a cozy and cheerful atmosphere and luxury design, mix bright shades with other colors. For example, mixing yellow and green helps to achieve light green.
Like gray, dark colors are somewhat synonymous with loneliness and sadness, but currently, interior designers have developed some techniques to enhance them. They sometimes choose lighter shades or play on the contrast effect. This last method gives rather satisfactory results and is increasingly popular with homeowners.
White paint generally indicates simplicity and cleanliness. It is also a symbol of clarity and cleanliness.
So, to get a good atmosphere and harmonize the colors, you can combine it with decorative paint.
These can be used according to your needs, but you must make the right choice to obtain a satisfactory result.
Here are a few examples from which you can draw inspiration:
- Matte black and golden brown: recommended for bedrooms
- Purple and black: this duo is suitable for the living room or kitchen, but they must be applied in a way that balances the colors well.
- Intense blue and matte pink: this color combination is recommended for children’s rooms or storage rooms.
As we have seen previously, each color has its own symbolism and specificities. But for your interior to be well arranged with matching shades, it is best to use the services of a company specializing in painting work. It offers services in plastering, flooring, etc.
Incorporate decorative plants
Because the living area tends to be the largest room in your home, there is naturally a lot of natural light that comes in, and this is why you should consider adding some plants to your indoor living area. It is important to remember that plants add color and add dimension and can even have health benefits.
Plants help purify the air, and they can also help you de-stress. If you don’t have a green thumb, you can always opt for fake plants that need no upkeep. Faux plants and flowers look more natural these days, which can be a great addition to your living area. If you are opting for fake plants, then it needs no maintenance; you just have to dust them from time to time.
When designing and decorating your home, consider decorating each room with plants. In addition to enhancing the overall look of your home, these plants also have some undeniable benefits. Indeed, they purify the air, relieve stress, or help fight insomnia, among others.
Here are some ideas for houseplants:
- Lavender is used to alleviate stress. Simply place it near the window, and it will spread its pleasant scent throughout the room.
- The golden Scindapsus serves to purify the air and to fight against the triggering of allergic reactions and skin irritation;
- Aloe vera refreshes the atmosphere and fights against dust mites and magnetic waves emitted by televisions and computers. This plant is very important, especially in the bedroom.
These two elements contribute significantly to enhancing the design of your home. However, you can integrate other accessories. At the same time, taking care to avoid overload.
Remember, always go with something that speaks to you because what’s fashionable today will be out of style in a couple of weeks. So have fun while decorating your dining area because it is your house, and you can style it however you want.
Sound off in the comments section below and tell us what you want to read next and tell us if you want to read more about contemporary style.