Pets are the highlights of our lives, we feed them, love them, and take them for their special walks and at the end of the day, we might just leave them outside as there’s not enough space in your apartment or home for them. Well to remedy to the situation, here are some tips on how to create a cozy space for your pet without disturbing the whole décor.
- Designate a comfortable space for your pet to sleep – Just like you have your comfy bed, a pet needs its place to relax and sleep on its own. Make a comfortable space for your pet to rest with access to their food and water with ease. If possible, choose a room where traffic is less such as a laundry room or a spare bedroom for them. It will be easier for them to escape to a quiet and comfortable place when they want to rest. You can install a window seat for them
- Provide your pets with warm and cozy blankets – Don’t forget to load their bed with lots of cozy blankets for them to rest comfortably. Blankets, towels, and even soft area rugs will help create a cozy bed for your four-legged friends.
- Keep the bed and blankets clean for your pets – Just like us, pets like to have their bed and blankets cleaned. Remember to clean their nest once a week to prevent the risk of tracking parasites in from the outside. Occasional cleaning is required as it will keep your home free of odors and it will smell fresh throughout the year.
- Keep things bright – Don’t forget to let the room have more light than others. Your pets would obviously prefer natural lights, so if possible install their bed near the window.
- Don’t forget toys – If you are installing a bed and there are no toys, then it’s useless! Pets need toys along with their food, bed, and water. Add their favorite toys to make them feel welcome and happy in your home. Place their toys in a basket which is accessible to them!
- Consider corners – Soft beds and nooks are the best options to create a cozy space for your pets. Keep an eye for corners that are left unused and make it your pet’s haven!
- Train them accordingly – Be sure to train your pets before you let them in! Always be open to new ideas as your pets are always learning new tricks to surprise you. If you have an open space, then it is the best option to create a training space for them.
What’s your take on this?