Resistant, easy to install and maintain, durable, and above all, very aesthetic, tiles offer many advantages. This is why it has become increasingly popular in recent years. Besides, it can be adapted to any project. It can be used in construction as well as in renovation. However, it comes in several sizes and models on the market and choosing the one that best suits your home is not at all easy. To help you make the right choice, here are four essential points to remember.
The material for your tiles
The choice of material for your tiles is not a random one. Certain criteria must be considered: type of room, exposure of the tiles (stains, humidity, frequency of use), etc.
There are currently three families of materials for tiling, each with its strengths and weaknesses:
- Natural stone is highly appreciated for its strong resistance to water and impact, and natural stone tiles can be installed indoors and outdoors. Moreover, its aesthetic aspect allows you to bring a touch of originality to your property.
- Terracotta: Terracotta tiles are very beneficial to your health, as they are made from environmentally friendly materials. The only drawback is that it is difficult to maintain.
- Ceramic: ceramic tiles offer a wide choice: glazed stoneware, porcelain stoneware, earthenware, glazed porcelain stoneware, mosaic, etc.
The color of the tile
This criterion should not be neglected, as it dramatically affects the aesthetic appearance of your home. To choose the perfect color for your tiles, keep in mind the following points:
- The color of the tiles you choose should be neutral. This way, you won’t have any difficulty arranging your interior in case of renovation.
- The size of your room is also an important consideration when selecting your tile color. For example, choose a dark tile if you want to highlight your furniture. On the other hand, if you’re going to give your room a more spacious feel, go for a light color.
- The color of the tile should be chosen according to the function of each room. For example, the tiles to be laid in a dining room should be light in color, such as white or light beige.
When choosing the right tile, don’t forget to consider the size of the tiles. This will add aesthetic appeal to your home. Currently, large format tiles are trendy. And for a good reason, it is exquisite and has a reduced number of joints.
Despite the popularity of large format tiles, small-format tiles have kept their place. Available in 10×10 or 20×20 sizes, they bring a modern touch to a room. Mix the formats if you can’t decide between large and small tiles. You can, for example, combine three different sizes.
The shape of your tiles
As mentioned earlier, tiles improve the visual appearance of the house. That’s why you need to choose the right shape. Indeed, there is something for every taste and budget.
If you prefer classic shapes, opt for rectangular or square tiles. However, if you want to make your interior more authentic, choose tiles in the form of fish scales, octagons, hexagons, rhombuses, etc. Companies are specialized in the works of floor covering, such as the installation of tiles, the installation of mosaic, the installation of earthenware, paving as well as the installation of fluid chape.
The tile setter: a fan of good taste
Although it may sound simple, tiling is a process in which the tiler puts all his know-how to work to meet his client’s expectations. They must find the perfect agreement between a meticulous installation and adjustment of the tiles with the space to be treated.
In addition to the installation, they are able to carry out repair work to refurbish a tile eaten away by the tests of time and aggression. They are also the man to turn to when you need advice on the proper way to maintain an installation.
Sound off in the comments section below and tell us what you want to read next and if you want to read more about tiles.