Choosing the perfect blinds or shutters for your home can be a real hassle, especially these days because there are a plethora of different shutters on the market. Shutters can change the whole aesthetics of your home and make your home more aesthetically pleasing. It not only curbs the appeal of your home but also gives you a sense of privacy; you can open it whenever you want to let sunlight it and close it when you want your privacy. If you are planning to add shutters, you might not know where to start, and this is where we come in handy. So, come along with us and learn more about how to choose the perfect shutters for your home.
Just like there are different types of shutters on the market, but they are also made of different kinds of material. The kind of material you’ll choose for your blinds will change their costs and maintenance. The material of the shutter should also suit your needs and fit the aesthetics you are looking for. Shutters are typically made of 3 main materials, which are:
- Composite shutters: They are the most luxuriously looking shutters on the market, and they are really affordable. They are the next best alternative to wooden shutters. They are not only resistant to weather and humidity but are extra durable too. They are beautiful and go perfectly with any type of interior home décor.
- Vinyl Shutters: are made out of PVC and are perfect for both offices and homes because they are flexible and durable. They are easy to clean, install, and maintain, don’t cost much, and hardly need any repairs. They are also the most child and pet-friendly option of shutters out there because they don’t have any dangerous dangling cords.
- Wood shutters: If you are looking for aesthetics and aesthetics only, they are the best way to go. They work well with almost all types of home and home interiors. They are aesthetically pleasing because of their natural look, and wood always has rustic looks. They are the perfect choice if you are hoping for a more traditional and Victorian look.
Currently, there are 4 different types of shutters on the market, and each of them has its own unique style and distinct look; you may choose whichever blinds you wish to fit the aesthetics you are looking for. The four types of blinds are:
- Bahama or Bermuda shutters: are designed to cover the whole windows. They come with a hinge and are suspended from the top of the window. This type of blind protects your home from impending storms or rain. Bahama or Bermuda shutters, as their names suggest, are usually found in coastal or tropical areas.
- Board and batten shutters: they are the oldest kind of shutters currently on the market and consist of 3 or 4 boards that are joined together. They are fixed to an angled or horizontal board which is called a batten. They add a rustic character to your home and will endure the character to your house’s structure, and they famously go well with brick houses or farmhouses.
- Louvered shutters: this type of shutter is made of several slats that are angled to allow air and air to pass through and in your home. They are a perfect and fantastic addition to any home. This type of shutter goes well with any home but goes exceptionally well with Victorian or traditional homes.
- Raised panel shutters: are like doors or kitchen cabinets and usually have a single or double raised panel. They have a low profile and blend together with all kinds of homes, and are the most versatile shutters on the market.
Ultimately, the choice is yours but make sure to do your due diligence on the matter and choose a blind that speaks to you and sparks joy when you see it. You should not only focus on aesthetics when it comes to shutters but should also consider practicality and their use.
For all your shutter needs, call Persianas y Cortinas now. With years of experience in the industry, their team of experts will advise you on the best shutter to choose for your home, which will fix the aesthetics you are going for. So, why wait? Get the home f your dream with the help of their team of experienced professionals because blinds and shades are their passion!