The cozy-chic decoration rhymes with sobriety and elegance. The decoration is simple and uncluttered but also functional and practical. Soft textures, noble materials such as solid wood, blonde stone and brick are favored, and we play with so-called “warm” colors. Don’t forget the accessories that will enhance the cozy aspect of your spaces: curtains, carpets, cushions, plaids…
The Essentials for a Cosy Chic Decoration
For a cozy chic decoration, we bet on natural and soft shades such as beige, pink, linen… If you like to accumulate shades, try decor with neutral colors as a base and add one or two of these shades. Darker shades will give more depth to your interior but always stay with so-called warm and natural colors: burgundy red, anthracite grey, fir green, lagoon blue, mustard yellow, navy blue, taupe brown… The second solution is to keep your walls clear with natural colors: cream, linen, beige, and to add a touch of color to your decor: paintings, cushions, plaids, bed linen…
Materials for a Cosy Chic Decoration
For a cozy interior, the materials to be preferred are warm materials, mixed with noble materials that aim to transform a living room into a warm and very comfortable space. Mohair, wool, cashmere, wood, marble… all these elements combine to create an atmosphere filled with softness.
Wood is the essential material to use for a cozy and chic decoration. It is timeless and available in different ways in a variety of wood species. You can use it :
– For floors: it warms the atmosphere, unlike tiles.
– For furniture: very chic, wood is a noble material that gives character and cachet to your interiors.
– For lighting and furniture.
Walls and flooring for a cozy and chic atmosphere.
For the walls, opt for warm and natural colors:
– White or cream
– Blue-grey, light blue, blue-green
– Mouse Grey
– Pastel green, duck green
For a bit of glamour, don’t hesitate to put a warm color on a wall: mustard yellow, duck green, navy blue…
Tip: very much in vogue at the moment, tapestry is making a strong comeback in your interiors. Opt for floral or Scandinavian motifs to bring a little softness. Be careful however not to overload your room, prefer only a few leashes, on one side of the wall for example.
For a cozy atmosphere, opt for a parquet floor. The parquet is very suitable for a cocoon and warm style. There are different types of parquet flooring that you can use in your living room as well as in wet rooms such as the bathroom:
– Solid parquet
– Floating parquet
– PVC flooring with parquet effect
For ease of installation and a low price, you can put a PVC floor with a parquet effect decor. The aged parquet imitation with knots and imperfections gives a rustic style and adds cachet to your space. Count on a budget of about $20/m². To warm up your floors, even more, cover them with thick carpets and floor cushions.
Tip: avoid tiling as much as possible, as it is too cold and impersonal.
Tips for a cozy chic decoration for every room in the house
The Living Room
For the cozy-chic decoration of your living room, don’t forget :
– Warm, natural colors: cream, beige, linen, blue, green…
– A parquet or parquet effect flooring enhanced by cozy carpets.
– Comfortable sofas and armchairs, preferably in fabric with a bunch of cushions.
– Indirect lighting: floor lamp, light garland, table lamp…
– Double curtains for a more intimate space.
– A stove or a fireplace is a plus.
For a cozy chic room, choose :
– Light and natural walls with a graphic or floral tapestry as a headboard.
– A parquet or parquet-effect floor with several soft carpets.
– Bed linen, cushions, and plaids in pastel colors with natural fabrics that inspire a feeling of comfort.
– Indirect lighting with pretty bedside lamps, made of wood or with a fabric lampshade.
For a cozy and chic bathroom, here are a few tips:
– Opt for powdered shades (pastel pink, light grey, cream…) and wood. You can then opt for wooden furniture to match the parquet floor.
– For the walls, outside the shower area, you can opt for wallpaper that will dress the walls in a very cozy way. Go for a classic and softly colored pattern for a chic look.
– Replace your very modern Italian shower with a beautiful free-standing bathtub that will bring a lot of style to your bathroom.
– The plus: add a small armchair for a boudoir spirit.
Here are a few tips for a chic and cozy kitchen:
– Opt for a wooden kitchen that can be declined in different ways: with raw wood, a lacquered wood, a smooth wood, dark wood like a country house, a light wood in a Scandinavian spirit or a more contemporary bleached wood.
– For the walls, choose light and warm colors, and avoid black and red.
– On the floor, prefer parquet or parquet effect or light grey waxed concrete.
– For more conviviality, you can add cushions on the chairs, a large central table, and beautiful suspensions.
– The little extra: think of putting an armchair or a lamp for a warmer atmosphere, as if your living room were in the kitchen.
Where to Find Your Decoration Objects?
You will find all the elements you need for a cozy chic decoration in the big decoration stores as well as on the Internet shopping sites.
For more information and tips, do not forget to share your experience in the comment section below.