Every bathroom should be a true oasis where you can do everyday basics. We spend less time in the bathroom as we take it for granted. No matter what the size or style bathroom you have, just a few decors are essential so that you can make the first impression. You can always bring style and character to the room. If you want to level-up your bathroom, then here are ten ways to do so!
1. Install a corner sink – Break the stereotype and install a corner sink in your bathroom to make it look more appealing to look at. If you happen to have a narrow bathroom, then a corner sink is the ideal thing to install in there. A pedestal sink is not recommended for small space as it makes traffic difficult. That’s why placing a corner sink is the best solution as it creates more room. Choose a contemporary design that suits your bathroom decor.
2. Use a shower curtain – Adding a shower curtain in your bathroom is a way to beautify your shower area. It makes your bathroom look larger and does not require a lot of space to open and close a shower door. Shower curtains increase the size of your bathroom. Do choose a shower curtain that works best with the decor of your bathroom. Go for floral designs or neutral colors as it gives your bathroom a completely new look.
3. Install a vanity – One of the best ways to save space is to install a vanity that is accessible even if the bathroom is small. If you are likely to have this problem, then go for a vanity with storage facility. Be sure to round the vanity so that no one gets hurt, especially if your bathroom is narrow. A round vanity can work perfectly in a square space.
4. Have a larger counter – If you have a lot of things in your bathroom, then install a large counter so that there is enough space for everything. You can try adding a banjo-style arrangement which can be in either stone or wooden slab. The slab can be extended over the toilet, so there is more space to add other items. No worries, there won’t be any problem in the toilet placement, and the look will be minimal and clean.
5. Have a framed wall art – It is not necessary that your bathroom should look like an art gallery. If you want to enhance the beauty of your bathroom, then go the simplest solution of adding a hang framed wall art. Get something in tone with the rest of the room’s decor and something to look at while you are relaxing in the tub.
6. Have color themed towels – Just as in FRIENDS, Monica had 11 towels for a specific use. Well, you can try this by having it color-coordinated. Choose a color pattern that matches with the color palette of the room or better you can match it with the color of the furniture.
7. Add vintage accents – There is nothing wrong in going back in time, well in terms of decorating we can. Make your bathroom have a vintage look by installing an accessory of the 16th century, or you can opt for a tub that was mostly found in the 18th century. Try creating a look with appropriate mirror frames, light fixtures, window treatments, and furniture.
8. Add some greenery – One of the most affordable ways to level-up your bathroom game is to add some green to it. It is easy, inexpensive, and a perfect way to add color while adding a level of chic to your bathroom. Try adding air plants to the wall decor to make the room look a bit more sophisticated. Even though they are artificial succulent plants, they do make an impact on the décor, and that is the most important thing!
9. Add a waterproof rug – After furnishing your bathroom, the next most important thing to do is to find the perfect area rug to complete the look. Go for waterproof rugs that would accentuate the beauty of the room as well as be functional. Depending on the size of the bathroom, use a rug that will cover a specific area and will not look overloaded. Try neutral colored rugs.
10. Use light – Often taken for granted, bathroom lighting is a key element when looking for bathroom decorating ideas. Install bath lighting strips around your mirror to give you the same excellent lighting the stars enjoy in the Broadway dressing rooms. One tip – use frosted bulbs to reduce glare. If you don’t want to light up around the mirror, then go for the tub and shower. The enclosures of the tub and shower can be adequately lighted by placing an enclosed damp-location recessed down-light in the ceiling. Well, before installing do check with your local building codes to make sure you follow all regulations.
Did you get enough bathroom decoration ideas? Well then do check the next post on Kitchen Decoration in 10 Steps!